Doranda College, Ranchi was established in 1962 by a local philanthropist to offer holistic education in order to equip its graduates for a fast diversifying world. Doranda College which was converted into a constituent unit of Ranchi University in April 1977 is committed to build a unique environment to facilitate the major faculties of Arts, Commerce, Science and Vocational Courses of higher education and also facilitate the relationship between higher education and society. As per the vision and mission of the NAAC, this College was accredited by the NAAC Peer Team on 20th May, 2005. It is one of the Ten NAAC Accredited Constituent Colleges under Ranchi University.
The integration of academic excellence and professional learning is a unique strength of Doranda College. It is constantly striving for high standards in the spreading of knowledge within a dynamic and interactive environment, thereby enabling the students to get distinction and honour in their chosen fields. Its proper planning and commitments are directed towards implementation of new projects, along with open access to the expanding world of technology. The college has started different Vocational courses like BBA, BCA, IT, TTM and OMSP to prepare students to understand and undertake technology and technological innovations.
Doranda College provides rigorous and challenging academic programs, incredible support systems and finest faculty to ensure good education and creation of an environment with the aim of offering balanced and quality education, and using education to act as a tool to fight the growing inequality in India by providing access to quality education to all, particularly the weaker sections of society Doranda College has its own three storied building for arts and commerce faculty with an independent newly built science block funded by Ministry of HRD, Govt. of Jharkhand.
The experienced faculty members utilize their experience and wisdom to create a warm dynamic academic environment. The Teaching effort combines the best of tradition and innovation, providing our students with a solid foundation in every field.
Profile Doranda College
|Name of the College||Doranda College, Ranchi|
|Affiliating University||Ranchi University, Ranchi|
|Status of the College||Constituent College|
|Types of College||Co-Educational|
|No. of Departments||Arts: 13, Science: 05, Commerce:01, Other:06|
|No. of Programms offered||UG-25, PG-24, Diploma-01|
|Year of Establishment||28.07.1962|
|UGC Recognition||Yes, Under 2 (f) & 12(B)|
|Location of the College||Urban|
|Area of Campus||4.4 Acres|
|Accredited by NAAC||"B+" Grade|
|Total No. of Students||About 12613|
|Permanent Non Teaching Staffs||21|
|Contractual Non Teaching Staffs||48|
Why Choose Us ?
We are having best teachers in our college.
Low Cost Fees
Our college offering courses in low cost fees.
We provide students best campus.
Best IT Lab
We provide our IT students best lab.
Doranda College provides rigorous and challenging academic programs, incredible support systems and finest faculty to ensure good education and creation of an environment with the aim of offering balanced and quality education, and using education to act as a tool to fight the growing inequality in India by providing access to quality education to all, particularly the weaker sections of society. The main aspects of the College's Vision and Mission can be summarised as follows:
- To increase the access of students to good quality higher education.
- To ensure, not only conformity to standards of quality, but also to raise the standards of quality of higher education.
- To ensure ever greater creation of backward and forward linkages i.e. linkages between intermediate and school level education and higher education (backward linkages) and also between higher education and the professional and social world. This means that students passing out of school should be able to look at higher education as a wonderful stepping stone which helps them build their careers.
- To ensure continuous capacity building and skill development of college staff so that they may contribute effectively towards helping the college achieve its vision.
- To ensure integration with the skill and career development efforts of the Government.
- To ensure equity access to quality higher education for all sections of society, particularly the weaker sections including the poor, the marginalised, girls, disabled, and those hailing from socio-economically backward classes..
Some Steps taken by Doranda College to Move towards its Vision are the following:
- Doranda College is trying to create a democratic culture in the college campus with active participation of the elected office bearers of the college students union in shaping the academic ethos of the college.
- Equipping students to help the nation, in meeting the challenges of environmental pollution, deforestation, AIDS, population explosion etc. Seminars, Symposia, Awareness drives are usually taken up under the banner of NSS.
- Doranda College was quick enough to perceive the growing need of vocational education as enumerated by the National Knowledge Commission.
- Vocational courses in BBA, BCA, IT, OMSP and TTM have been started in the college in order to provide job-oriented courses to the students. Some more Vocational Courses are to be started from the forthcoming session.
- Remedial courses are being run in the college for students belonging to ST/SC and OBC's duly approved by UGC, New Delhi.
- Diploma in Retail are being run in the college for students belongs to ST/SC/OBCs and General duly approved by MHRD, New Delhi.
- College is preparing a proposal to improved skill development programme under Digital India project in our college by the MHRD, Jharkhand.
- Produce students with high quality and better employability.
- Scale up quality of technical education and make UG education more demand driven - meeting the demands of both, the economic environment and the
- Undertake Research and Development (R&D) initiatives, innovative projects and consultancy.
- Provide training to the faculty for effective teaching quality and competence.
- Improve the associated infrastructure to aid modern teaching facilities.
- Enhance the effectiveness of institutional and system management.
- Make the institute equitable, accessible and inclusive.
- Make the campus an environmentally sustainable campus.
- To empower girl students through quality education.
- To inculcate a sense of devotion, perseverance and discipline among the students.
- To equip students with intellectual competence and promote community development.
- To instill leadership qualities among students.
- To strengthen the teacher-student goal oriented relationship.
- To develop analytical skills and research acumen.
- To provide students with skills which will promote financial independence in the future.
- To promote education in liberal arts, in order to lay the foundations of a just and humane community.
- College Website.
- Academic Calendar
- Regular staff meetings
- Regular departmental meetings
- Display board of each department